Gills Driving School can book all tests for you if required, we also provide theory classes for all categories of vehicle and for Driver CPC theory tests. Please call us today on 096 73030, email email@example.com or use our Booking Form
Bus & Minibus
Steps to getting your D/D1 Licence
In order to obtain a learner permit for a minibus or coach you must already possess a full licence for a car (category B) and be 21 years of age with CPC or 24 years of age without CPC
To book your theory test go to www.theorytest.ie or call 1890 606 106 & book the theory test for Category D
3. Fill out the Learner Permit Application Form D201, for the D Licence .Complete and Medical Report Form D501 and Eyesight Report Form D502. These must be signed by your doctor and/or optician.
Post or bring the completed applications to your local NDLS office the fee of €35 and the theory test certificate.
CPC Theory Tests
If you intend to driver professionally you will need to complete the two CPC theory tests
Apply for your CPC Theory Tests (apply online at www.theorytest.ie)
- Part 1 Multiple Choice €72
- Part 2 Case Study Theory test €72
- CPC Theory Tests book (apply online at www.theorytest.ie) or from Gills €8.99
- Preparation CPC Theory Tests Class for 3 hrs available at Gills (€30 per hr)
- Apply for the D/ D1 Driving Test on http://www.drivingtest.ie or by filling out the form & posting it to the RSA with the fee of €152. This fee covers the on road test and the CPC Practical test. Both of these should be completed on the day of your test to avoid unnecessary expense. Apply for the C Driving Test on http://www.drivingtest.ie or by filling out the form & posting it to the RSA with the fee of €152. This fee covers the on road test and the CPC Practical test. Both of these should be completed on the day of your test to avoid unnecessary expense.
- Take some driving lessons to get you up to the standard the tester will expect in order for you to pass the driving test.