What is Driver CPC?
Driver CPC was introduced across the EU in 2008 for professional bus drivers and 2009 for professional truck drivers to set and maintain high standards of road safety, health and safety and driving among professional drivers of buses and trucks.
GILLS DRIVING SCHOOL ACCOUNT FOR APPROX 20% of DRIVER CPC IN THE COUNTRY.
All Gills tutors have been qualified drivers for years, they understand trucks and buses, they have completed the Advanced Driving Instruction in Commercial vehicles.
WHEN YOU ATTEND A DRIVER CPC WITH GILLS WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL ENJOY THE DAY.
The three key aims of Driver CPC are to
- Ensure all professional drivers have good driving and safety standards and that those standards are maintained throughout their career
- Create a common standard for the training and testing of drivers throughout the EU
- Reduce fatalities and serious injuries on Irish roads. The RSA's target is for Ireland to have one of the lowest casualty rates in Europe.
The Driver CPC and you
Professional drivers fall into two categories from a Driver CPC perspective:
- Those who were already working as professional drivers when the scheme was put in place.
- Those who are new to the profession.
'Acquired rights' to Driver CPC If you got your bus licence on or before the 9 September 2008, or your truck licence on or before 9 September 2009, you are automatically entitled to Driver CPC. This is called "acquired rights".
To keep your Driver CPC, you must do 35 hours of periodic training over the next five years. Training is on a one-day-per-year basis.
Periodic training is compulsory
Training is provided in RSA-approved training centres by approved trainer providers.
Gills Driving School have RSA approved centres for Driver CPC in the following locations
- Castlebar x 2 venues
- Sligo x 2 venues
- Carrick on Shannon
- Roscommon Town
- Galway City
Courses held every Saturday at most venues or if you are group we can accommodate you on a weekday or Sunday to suit your requirements. Contact us on 096 73030 or email email@example.com or use our Enquiry Form for details of all courses being run in any venue.
You can check out what Driver CPC modules you have completed by logging onto MY CPC https://cpc.rsa.ie/live/CPCDriverportal